Happy Wednesday! I just wanted to provide a quick update on #artsmgtchat. I launched this initiative late April to bring together the arts management community on Twitter to discuss important issues in the arts sector. I am blown away by the positive feedback and support I received from the arts community. If it weren’t for your participation, advice and collaboration, this chat would not be possible. So a big THANK YOU to you all!
In terms of progress, I’m happy to report the following:
- The #artsmgtchat blog received 1,524 hits this past month.
- Three successful chats have taken place since April (thanks to partnerships with Marc van Bree and the Arts & Business Council of Chicago). The chats have an average attendance of about 30 participants from across the U.S. and reaches over 20,000 people on Twitter.
Social Media Strategies for Arts Organizations (317k impressions, 25.9k reach)Arts Organization Boards: Maximizing Engagement & Effectiveness (123k impressions, 14.9k reach)
- Our #artsmgtchat schedule includes an exciting roster of guest hosts, such as: ArtsFwd, Nonprofit Finance Fund and TRG Arts (among others). Click here to access the chat schedule.
Moving forward, the #artsmgtchat blog aspires to be a hub for arts management professionals to continue the discussion in between chats and provide new perspectives/insights. So, #artsmgtchat will be getting a “makeover” between now and the next chat on June 22:
- The blog will go through some structural enhancements to bring a fresh look and feel.
- The chat will transition from bi-monthly to weekly in July. This will help accommodate additional topics and hosts.
- There will be a stronger emphasis on community resources and guest bloggers. Stay tuned!
As I mentioned before, the goal for #artsmgtchat is become a community hub and destination for arts managers, and I would appreciate your feedback in regards to these questions:
- Do you encounter any challenges when signing into our Tweetchat? Is our Twitter 101 guide helpful?
- Do you use LinkedIn and Facebook to continue the conversation?
- What can we do to enhance the discussion space on the blog? Any suggestions come to mind?
- Are the categories/sections easy to navigate?
Thanks! Until the next #artsmgtchat,
Ally Yusuf, Moderator of #ArtsMgtChat